Welcome to ArtePiano E-Competition 2020
We are very excited to launch our first ArtePiano e-competition for young adult pianists! We would like to encourage you to take part in this competition which will enable you to engage with various acclaimed pianists and teachers, and it will also give you the opportunity to gain significant performance experience – this all in the beautiful setting of Sankt Goar in the Upper Middle Rhine Valley in Germany. We wish you the best of luck with entering our competition!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The competition is open to all pianists of any nationality between the age of 16 and 25 years.
- Closing date for all entries: 18th December 2020
- Applications that are either late or incomplete will not be accepted. Candidates will be notified of the receipt of their application and payment.
- A complete entry should include:
1) Online application form
2) Video recordings / Wetransfer uploads
3) Profile picture (portrait format)
4) Proof of identity/age (ID Card, Passport)
5) Entry fee of £35 (online payment only)
- All entries are non-refundable. Your competition entry fee will be deducted from the APM package deal if you decide to take part in our masterclasses during 2021.
- Only video recording entries will be permitted. Recordings for the main prize should include works from at least two contrasting style periods and it should not exceed 15 minutes.
- If the size of the video recording exceeds 100Mb you can upload it via Wetransfer and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The recording should date from the year 2020.
- A special prize which is optional, will be awarded for the best recording/performance of one prelude by the Italian pianist and composer, Roberto Russo. Candidates should choose one from the following six preludes to record: no. 1, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 12. The sheet music can be downloaded by clicking on the links available below. The prelude should be uploaded as a separate file (see application form).
- All video recordings as well as photographs and interviews made during any of the events of the E-competition will remain the sole property of ArtePiano Masterclasses.
- All the performances will be uploaded on to the ArtePiano E-competition page which are linked to our YouTube channel
- The winner/s will be announced no later than 29 January 2021.
- £300 cash prize
- A Scholarship worth £500 to participate in ArtePiano Masterclasses during 2021 (includes accommodation + £70.00 travel allowance)
- A Solo Recital for ArtePiano Masterclasses during 2021 (includes concert fee, accommodation + up to £80.00 travel allowance)
- £200 cash prize
- £150 cash prize
Best performance of a prelude by the Italian composer Roberto Russo
- Yuki Negishi – Japan
- Roberto Russo – Italy
- Niel du Preez – South Africa
- Mark Nixon – South Africa
Roberto Russo – Download Preludes